cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan approval possible yo yo sell

tag
MissAustralia

Auto loan approval possible yo yo sell

Ok so I have a thin credit file. About 3 years. 1 personal loan completely paid off. 1 credit card with a $300 credit limit had for about a year. Always pay full balance every month. No baddies on my credit report. Pulled my fico number it's 736. Never had a car loan before. I recently "bought" a new hyundai elantra 2013 for about $17000.00 taxes and fees included. Traded in my old vehicle for $500 and used it as down payment along with $2000 in manufacturer rebates. Make gross on average $3000 a month; $2000 after taxes and deductions. Rent is $350. Signed the contract two days ago for 3.9% and 72 month term. Monthly payment of $291 which I can more than afford. DTI ratio is at 6%. The dealer called me yesterday and requested 30 days worth of income. So three pay stubs since I get paid biweekly. No problem. Only been at this job for 6 months since I moved state 6 months ago. I bought in the pay stubs immediately and inquired as to what the problem was. They said no problem, lender just needs it. I didn't think anything if it since I have a signed contract and registration in my name and my tags on the vehicle but after some thorough research on this forum I am afraid this is a yo yo sell.... I read my contract and it states contingent upon finance approval. So my question is what are the odds of everything going through as promised? When would I find out if anything is wrong? Not approved? Etc. I feel pretty silly that I've thought the car was mine but now seem to be waiting for approval? Given the above info will my loan go through or will they try and bring me back in to sign a new contract with a higher interest rate? I have a co-signer with a long stable credit history and high score if need be to concrete my initial deal but would obviously rather do this all on my own. Any thoughts on this?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Auto loan approval possible yo yo sell

How many days have you had the car?

What state are you in?

DO NOT even breath about a co-signer to them... I don't play these games well and I doubt you will have issues but Id tell them to kiss it!

Many years ago I had a finance guy that kept wanting stuff after the dealer manager pushed through paperwork and put me in a car that I truly couldn't afford.... but finally I told him that I was told it was approved, I signed for it, and I gave him documents once... the vehicle had x miles on it and he could have it back or leave me alone but I wasn't giving him any more documents and I wasn't going to have him calling me again... I never heard another noise from him! but like I said I don't handle this sort of thing so well and I don't think you have to get so dramatic!

they shouldn't have any issues.

Message 2 of 3
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto loan approval possible yo yo sell

Lenders often give approvals contingent on POI, this is probably the case.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.