Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan approval questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan approval questions

I currently have 2 capital one cards both with 300 limits. One of them is 3 years old and the other is 1 month old. 

The other is kohls $300. Those 3 accounts are the only lines of credit that I have and I am hoping to get an auto loan approval soon. I have limit payment as my sister never uses her card but gave me the okay to use less than 30% on the card that we have together for 3 motnhs as long as I pay and I will do the same for all 3.

I have a ton of questions.. PLEASE HELP!

Am I okay with these 3 ines of credit even though it is only 2 companies.

Should I apply for more lines of credit or am I okay with these 3?

How long of a payment history do I need?

Please share all advice as I am looking to get a new car ASAP or by April.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jstyle408
Established Member

Re: Auto loan approval questions

Can you tell us more for example, utils/debt/baddies/fico scores?
|Cap 1QS Visa $3500 |Cap1 QS MC$3500| Freedom $1000| Amex $8000| Citi Premier $5000| Walmart store card $2100| Bestbuy store card $2800| Target store card $200|
Exp.619~Eq.655~TU.678
garden 'til march 2015 goals CSP
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

are you new to credit or have bad credit?

current scores?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to credit and I just tried and its not pulling a report. How long until the cards that I just got report to credit agencies?

Message 4 of 6
IamB2
Established Contributor

@ericabreeding007 wrote:

I'm new to credit and I just tried and its not pulling a report. How long until the cards that I just got report to credit agencies?

If one of your cards is 3 years old, then you should have a credit file and should be able to generate a score and you should not be considered "new to credit". Normally to get a FICO, you must have at least 6 months of credit history. 

Credit cards report to the agencies a few days after your statement is generated.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. I was recently added to the Capital one with the 3 year history this month. Would you happen to know how it takes to report to bureaus?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.