Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan approval

tag
ronarizona
Visitor

Auto loan approval

I've been rebuilding my credit after a loan modification and I was dreading the credit app process at the dealership. Thanks to research here and elsewhere I learned that Nissan/Infiniti and BMW rely mostly on Equifax. I was pleasantly surprised that the score they pulled, 695, was higher than what myFico was telling me, 674. Infiniti and BMW approved me right away at the lowest rates. Honda/Acura, which relies on Experian, had my score 30+ points lower than the Experian 629 myFico was telling me. They offered me a higher rate and they weren't all that pleasant about it so I went with the Infiniti. Basically Honda/Acura pulled a score of 589 from EX (which made me a pariah to them) and Infiniti and BMW pulled a score over 100 points higher (which made me a good prospect to them). Thanks to all for the information here about who pulls what. By paying down balances I've gotten my scores up by about 75 points in just a few months.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Auto loan approval

Congrats on your car!

Looks like you've been stalking to forums for over 5 years before you decided to post. Glad you decided to share your success story. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice.. Congrats.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have had  a difference of opinion on NISSAN/INFINITI pulling EQ ? and BMW also pulling EQ? which state are you from? did they use enhanced scores at all? 

Did you apply only at the dealerships or went online and applied directly at Nissan/Infiniti? 

Did you even consider Capital One Auto loan at all? 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.