Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan not reporting to Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan not reporting to Experian

I am beginning to do some car shopping. I am considering applying through Ford motor credit or Chrysler capital to finance a new truck. I've heard these 2 usually pull Experian scores, however, my last and only auto loan doesn't show up on my Experian report, only TU and EQ. My Experian auto enhanced is about 40 points higher than my other auto scores though,(EQ and TU around 600, EX is 645), even without an auto loan being reported. Maybe because of student and a previous small personal loan that is reported. Will this affect my ability to get financed through lenders that pull Experian?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto loan not reporting to Experian

Many lender's have the option to pull alternate credit bureau's if needed. If applying for financing at the dealership and the lack of an auto loan on the credit bureau Ford Motor Credit is pulling becomes an issue, typically the Finance Manager can requeset FoMo Credit to pull an alternate bureau so the underwriter can see positive auto loan history.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto loan not reporting to Experian

Chances are high that going with a credit union wil get you the best rates when your scores are not elgible for special manufactuer rates.  I suggest DCU or Penfed, probably DCU for your scores.  If you can wait for a while and get your scores up I would do that because your scores are not great right now so some rebuilding would pay off nicely.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.