Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan or not?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Auto loan or not?

then you need to look up credit unions in your area.. they will take the time if you find the rght to look at what is going on with your credit and past certain things.

you can use suzeormans website to then go to resources to use a credit union finder that she has ont he website and then search among those which ones let you join them for living in area or joining a non profit that they support for membership.

Message 11 of 57
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm looking at my score here now

Exp: 554

Equ: 541

Trans: 541

what is on your reports?

do you have anything currently open in good standing?

Message 12 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

in good standing, you mean a credit card? I don't own any cards of any kind the most recent is a hospital bill but it's only for about $301 or so the other stuff was paid

Message 13 of 57
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

in good standing, you mean a credit card? I don't own any cards of any kind the most recent is a hospital bill but it's only for about $301 or so the other stuff was paid

on one hand I applaud you that you have no debt if your only baddie is a medical bill for $301 but as you can see in our world credit is just needed!

if you had some credit cards even if you didn't really use them (gas card, i dunno where you live, but just a couple credit cards) you would probably not have any issues getting a loan right now if your only baddie is a $301 medical bill... but with no credit and just a baddie well your score is worse than after a bk (sorry)

but a credit union still might be willing to look at you from the stand point that you try to live your life cash and not credit and work with you despite the score.

Message 14 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it's extremely frustrating because they seem to all make you out as a bad guy if you don't have a credit card, it's funny because they all try and spin the wording around different ways making it seem you will get approved but again I will get denied because I have no history.

And as for a CU don't you have to be a member to get a loan? everyone talks about how good they are but I'm not sure I want to leave my bank for one without knowing the full info on trying to get a loan..

my most recent bank account I opened is TD bank and I opened a savings account so I can put my savings for the car in that account.. however  I noticed I was unable to transfer from the savings to the checking account but that's due to the account type.. so I may end up closing that account.

Message 15 of 57
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah it's extremely frustrating because they seem to all make you out as a bad guy if you don't have a credit card, it's funny because they all try and spin the wording around different ways making it seem you will get approved but again I will get denied because I have no history.

And as for a CU don't you have to be a member to get a loan? everyone talks about how good they are but I'm not sure I want to leave my bank for one without knowing the full info on trying to get a loan..

my most recent bank account I opened is TD bank and I opened a savings account so I can put my savings for the car in that account.. however  I noticed I was unable to transfer from the savings to the checking account but that's due to the account type.. so I may end up closing that account.

you don't have to move your banking to them just because you open accounts  with them... I have some credit unions that have $5 in them which is the membership fee they hold while account is open.

yes you do have to be a member, that's why I directed you to suze to use the resource tool to locate all the credit unions in your area and then you will have to research what membership requirements each one has... pick 3 and post here if you want and I can help or give your zip code and ill research.

running out for a bit... be out of touch for about an hour or two.

Message 16 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I did the search and the first few I know are for workers or workers who used to work at those locations.. like the hospital and a bakery place..

maybe you might know a bit more then me.. my zip code is 06830

Message 17 of 57
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I did the search and the first few I know are for workers or workers who used to work at those locations.. like the hospital and a bakery place..

maybe you might know a bit more then me.. my zip code is 06830

Members Credit Union looks like it has many ways to qualify but I would assume since I did my search for 10 miles and they say if you live or work within 25 miles of them you can join!

Message 18 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mom is a member of that credit union I might try it but say if they turn me down then what would you do after that?

Message 19 of 57
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My mom is a member of that credit union I might try it but say if they turn me down then what would you do after that?

i would go into them and see if you can sit with the auto loan person (not sure how small this credit union is.

bring your paystubs

explain you have had 4 of these cars, you do the work, you would still have your last if it wasn't for being hit... and this is why you are looking for just this small amount and buying older because you do the work and know what goes on with them, etc etc.

then go into explain why you don't have any credit cards and why you let that one medical go to collection and  you now realize that this has hurt you but you really don't want to take out a bunch of credit cards just to be able to prove yourself for an auto loan and don't want to have to buy new because it's easier approval when all you want is a $5k car... etc. etc.

like i said if they are smaller and you can meet with a lending person, than selling yourself might just be what they need to hear to work with you.

Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.