Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto loan or not?

Can someone tell me why they just wont give me a check I want for a personal loan? It's a hassle having to do doubble trips and by the time I get back they might sell the car from under me as that happened again.. It's becoming a huge hassle now.

Message 51 of 57
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If it's at a dealer you should be able to have them fax a purchase order directly to credit Union to sign off on and lock you in to purchase... If private party not much you can do if they are not willing to take a deposit and hold it for a day or two
Message 52 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's private party, and the dealerships are charging almost $2000 more then the NADA value of the car

Message 53 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news I got the check today from the CU and she was shocked I got the car a little under $2500 clean retail value for $4,900 tomorrow I get the car registered Smiley Happy My payments did not change all that much, still 18% at 179/mo when I get my income tax I plan on knocking 6 months of payments off.. My goal is to only be down to 1 year and then just relax to build credit. Also they only report to Experian.

Message 54 of 57
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good news I got the check today from the CU and she was shocked I got the car a little under $2500 clean retail value for $4,900 tomorrow I get the car registered Smiley Happy My payments did not change all that much, still 18% at 179/mo when I get my income tax I plan on knocking 6 months of payments off.. My goal is to only be down to 1 year and then just relax to build credit. Also they only report to Experian.

Fantastic and congrats!

Message 55 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

No thank YOU for finally getting me to check out the credit union! I assume after the first payment it should start showing?

Message 56 of 57
guydiver
Established Contributor

Congratulation!  Glad things worked out for you.  Welcome to the credit union world.  I have been a member of mine since 1995, and I just joined DCU also.  After my reports update, I'm going to apply to NASA Smiley Very Happy

Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.