Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan primary good credit joint bad, advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan primary good credit joint bad, advice

I was in the market for a used auto loan but will not qualify for a good rate due to my credit history. I am a recent grad made some mistakes during school but to fast forward my mother will sign to be the primary on a loan on I will be on as a joint. Will the rate base off her credit score or mine, she has fairly good credit. Another issue that we have my mother is apart of the home affordable program where she refinanced the house years back. Will this be a problem? Will they try to put her on her previous mortgage payment? 

thanks for advice!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: Auto loan primary good credit joint bad, advice

I don't know anything about the home affordable program, but from experience, I know that they will take the one with the best credit to figure rates. Years ago, my credit wAs abysmal. My dh is a stay at home dad. So I had the income and he had the great credit. So like pb&j, they used his credit and my income, and voila...we bought a car!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.