Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan qualification chances?

tag
MostlyAwake
Established Member

Auto loan qualification chances?

Credit Score: 630 Equifax (Credit Union pulls Equifax exclusively so I never checked the others)

AAoA: 45 months.

# of positive trade lines: 3
# of negative trade lines: 0
Income: $32000
Lenght of Employment: 5 years.

Previous Loan Experience: New auto loan with the same credit union. Starting balance of $24000. 60 month term. Paid off early in 50 months as of last month with all payments on time.

Debt-to-Income (DTI): My total monthly debt is 12% of my gross income . This is including EVERYTHING even the bills that aren't calculated traditionally in DTI.

Year of Car: 2016.5 or 2017
Miles: 0
Purchase/Refinance: Purchase.
Requested loan term (XX Months): 60
Down payment amount: $6000
Co-borrower/Co-Signer: no

Other: The upper end of quotes for the vehicle I want have been around $24-26k so I'd be financing roughly 18 to 20 thousand. We can afford to go up a trim level or get a 2017 for a few thousand more but I don't know of we'd qualify for that much.

Thanks.

Starting Score: ????
Current Score: 728 EQ 11/2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MostlyAwake
Established Member

Re: Auto loan qualification chances?

I forgot to mention that my credit score is that low because of a cancer diagnosis in 2013 which after diligent work has been reduced from 40 medical collections to 21. There are 21 derogs on my file and all of them are medical related to that. Nothing else. Ever. I've literally never paid a single payment in a single bill even a single day late outside of those medical bills which I couldn't afford even if I hadn't been diatracted trying not to die.

Message 2 of 9
MostlyAwake
Established Member

Also its irrelevant to their decision obviously but I financed that car in November of 2012 and was diagnosed in January of 2013 and still never paid late even once. Out of work for 8 months out of the 12 months that year, HIGHER than normal expenses, nearly died and STILL paid everything on time. Don't know how but I did.

Too bad stuff lIke that doesn't get used to calculate your score. I'm guaranteed to pay unless I drop dead and literally cant. I digress....

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats of fighting off a terrible disease.  The FICO 9 scores apparently are not going to count medical collections against you but I don't think any lenders are using that version yet.  I would apply with the lender you have a history with, I am sure they will approve you.  Let us know how it goes.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your health issues, you are a survivor! Looks like you're looking at a Mazda--so am I. Cap1 auto navigator is pretty lenient and I just approved at NFCU with mid 600s. If you are trying for Penfed they can be a bit conservative but for auto loans they are looking for 620 and an otherwise clean report.

Which CU are you thinking of app'ing with? Also, have you tried the WhyChat method of disputing medical collections? 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

With 20% down you should be able to get a fantastic loan.

Message 6 of 9
MostlyAwake
Established Member

Ended up getting approved for 2.65% on the new soul red metallic awd touring cx5 that we wanted and drove it home this morning.

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words about my health stuff and for the advice and reassurance with this loan.

Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the new CX5

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 8 of 9
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.