Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan question

tag
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

Auto loan question

Looking to get another SUV in next couple months.  I was wondering if i could get approved with credit scores of eq 633 tu 649 ex 650 I have around 8-15 inquiries do they consider inquires I make $34000+ a year I don't have a down payment but do have a trade in what are my chances of getting a decent interest rate if I can be approved 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

Re: Auto loan question

Where are you applying the loan from? The banks tend to be a bit harder to get than the dealer, but the dealer rates tend to be higher. They take into consideration a lot of factors, though I am not certain the number of inquiries affect a lot, probably a small percent. I remember being denied a loan from the bank because my length of employment  with the current employer was not long (1 year), so I know that definitely decreases your chances of approval. However, the dealer didn't care and gave me a loan with very good rate too. They told me the score was more important. Is there a way you could work with that score for improvement before going in?

Message 2 of 5
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Hard to tell as there's not enough info in my opinion. Fill this out and I'll be able to give you a more concrete answer (feel free to copy paste and just fill in the numbers required after each line)

Credit Score (if you pull it):

AAoA:

Age of oldest account on report:

# of positive trade lines:

# of negative trade lines:

Describe any baddies on report:

Income:

Lenght of Employment:

Self Employed (yes/no):

Previous Loan Experience:

Debt-to-Income (DTI):

Utility (balance/credit available) on credit cards:

Year of Car:

Miles:

Purchase/Refinance:

Requested loan term (XX Months):

Cash Down payment amount:

Trade-In? If yes, KBB Good Trade-In Value and Current Balance of loan, if any?

Co-borrower/Co-Signer:

Other:

Message 3 of 5
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

Hard to tell as there's not enough info in my opinion. Fill this out and I'll be able to give you a more concrete answer (feel free to copy paste and just fill in the numbers required after each line)

Credit Score (if you pull it):fFICOS eq 633 ex650 tu 648

AAoA: 3yrs 8 months

Age of oldest account on report: 12yrs 8 months

# of positive trade lines: 18

# of negative trade lines:3-5 non are auto related all but 1 is satisfied 

Describe any baddies on report:

Income:$35,000

Lenght of Employment: 12 years 4 months same job

Self Employed (yes/no):no

Previous Loan Experience:currently paying on auto loan been good for 2 years plus

Debt-to-Income (DTI):due to auto loan around 40%

Utility (balance/credit available) on credit cards:$1500/$15000

Year of Car:2013/2014

Miles:0/25,000

Purchase/RefinanceSmiley Tongueurchase 

Requested loan term (XX Months):48/60

Cash Down payment amount:0

Trade-In? If yes, KBB Good Trade-In Value and Current Balance of loan, if any?6,000/5500

Co-borrower/Co-Signer:no

Other:

Message 4 of 5
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

My current auto loan is thru my CU in good standing since opened 2 1/2 yrs ago been on job for 12+ yrs  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.