Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan removed but.....

tag
butt3rflz1
New Visitor

Auto loan removed but.....

Hello,

I had an auto loan 7 years ago, that was a voluntary repo. It was just recently removed from my credit file. However, literally a week after it was removed I received my 1st phone call about this car in 7 years.  It was from a different collection agency, they said last payment was in 2/2005. My question is... Can they add this back to my report? Since it was sold yet again (2nd time)? It was listed on my report as the origional creditor, and again by the collection agency they sold it to. They are both off my report now. 

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Auto loan removed but.....

Charge~offs and Collections will generally disappear from your reports at ~7.5yrs from the DOFD of the original account.   So assuming this date has passed, there should not be any new collections showing on your reports, even if it is re~sold to another CA.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
butt3rflz1
New Visitor

That is what I thought, I just didnt know since she was asking me if I still wanted to pay on it; and she would offer me a settlement etc.  I told her to send me something in writing. I just didnt want to trump myself, since it just fell off the report.

Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@butt3rflz1 wrote:

That is what I thought, I just didnt know since she was asking me if I still wanted to pay on it; and she would offer me a settlement etc.  I told her to send me something in writing. I just didnt want to trump myself, since it just fell off the report.

Right ~ even if items fall off your credit reports, it won't stop CAs from continuing to collect.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.