Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan reporting twice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan reporting twice

I have an auto loan that was reporting twice on my credit it has been recently updated and only reporting once.I am curious if it will have any impact on my score now that it has been removed?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Auto loan reporting twice

@Anonymous wrote:
I have an auto loan that was reporting twice on my credit it has been recently updated and only reporting once.I am curious if it will have any impact on my score now that it has been removed?

Is this loan still open or closed?

Always on time?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a duPlicate account . Always paid on time. No lates, just shows another car loan. Still open
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It is a duPlicate account . Always paid on time. No lates, just shows another car loan. Still open

If it's still open and you owe money, score might get better because you are dropping that extra debt... but if you have thin file and it's not a very big payment or large balance still it could actually hurt you.  but most likely probably help or stay close to same

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The acccount is about a year old and is probably close to a third of total debt. So it's a significant amount in comparison
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.