Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan reporting?

tag
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

Auto loan reporting?

I got a second chance auto loan (not because of a repo but because of my COs) at 24% interest. I needed a car but also I just wanted the positive payments on my CR. I found out they only report to EX. Is that normal? Kind of hoped they'd report to all three. Maybe it's because it's a second chance loan? Any ideas?
Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Auto loan reporting?

@Creditdreamer wrote:
I got a second chance auto loan (not because of a repo but because of my COs) at 24% interest. I needed a car but also I just wanted the positive payments on my CR. I found out they only report to EX. Is that normal? Kind of hoped they'd report to all three. Maybe it's because it's a second chance loan? Any ideas?

I don't know for certain about this creditor, but any creditor can choose to report to one, two or all three CRAs, it is just a business decision.    I would suggest giving them a call and asking if they could report to the others.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Auto loan reporting?

@pizzadude wrote:

@Creditdreamer wrote:

I don't know for certain about this creditor, but any creditor can choose to report to one, two or all three CRAs, it is just a business decision.    I would suggest giving them a call and asking if they could report to the others.

Yeah, it's completely up to the lending institution, they're not required to report at all legally.

That said, it could be worse: EX is a pretty commonly pulled report by many national lenders, and on a mortgage application it'll get merged anyway if it's reporting on one.  It could be only reporting to TU after all Smiley Happy

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.