Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan with my credit scores

tag
gsxr600k6
Valued Member

Auto loan with my credit scores

Hi guys, I'm in urgent need of a car. My TU is 621 EQ is 549 and EXP is 586. I am looking to finance a car that is about $18k (used 3 series) I make about 44k a year. I have two charge off's that I am paying off. Would I still be able to get an auto loan?  If so, what are some lenders that are easy to work with.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto loan with my credit scores

You should be able to still get a loan yes as long as you don't have a tax lien or something. I'd maybe start with Capital One or Roadloans and see what they say.

Before you apply to them though:

1) Do you have any down payment?

2) How long have you been with your current employer?

3) Any prior auto loans showing on your credit report (good/bad history)?

Message 2 of 7
gsxr600k6
Valued Member

1. I would probably put down $1000-1500

2.I have been with my employer for 6 months now

3. Do prior auto loans.

Message 3 of 7
Remember0
Valued Contributor

So you'll probably be able to get an auto loan, but the interest rate will be high. Some lenders you could try by yourself are Capital One and Roadloans (maybe a local bank/CU if you know of any that are forgiving). In general, I'd think a dealer may be able to get you financed at 10-15% APR as long as they use your TU score. Also since you have an auto loan, your auto enhanced might be higher than regular FICO and thet'll help you (assuming the old loan has good history).

I'd think about buying a less expensive car if I were you. If you really need a car now, you can save a lot in interest by buying a cheaper one for now, and then getting a better car once your credit score improves.

Message 4 of 7
gsxr600k6
Valued Member

I found a used saab 2006 wit 70k miles that I can buy for $5k. Are there any places that are flexible with used private car loans?

Message 5 of 7
juggar
Contributor

I would go to an actual bank or credit union if I were you. if your willing to put down 1k on a loan that small im sure youll be approved. You must bring proof of employment and proof of income though.

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 6 of 7
gsxr600k6
Valued Member

So for anyone that is interested. I saw a really nice Bmw that I wanted. It was a 2011 that was selling for 23k. I applied and got approved but two things happened, one the car was sold and two they would have wanted 10k down payment. Is this just ludicrous or what?  23k and my gross income is 44k. I was going to put 1k down.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.