Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loans

tag
kim9
New Visitor

Auto loans

3 years ago I filed bankruptcy, 2 years ago I applied for an auto loan and had to get a cosigner.  A year & 1/2 ago I applied for a credit card and approved.  I've made all of my payments on time.  I have applied for several auto loans on my own without my cosigner.  I have been denied every time.  I have been working on repairing my credit and doing all of the right things.  I have a 690 fico and am curious as to how to proceed.  The denial letters state that my assets are insufficient for the amount of credit requested, serious delinquency, past or present credit obligations.  Suggestions? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Auto loans

what is your income and what have you tried to buy?

think car payments need to be under 35% of your income.

because your score is way good enough! 

are the dealerships giving you your auto enhanced fico by chance? that could be much lower

Message 2 of 4
kim9
New Visitor

My income is good.  I was just trying to refinance or finance the car on my own so my cosigner could have their credit back. 

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@kim9 wrote:

3 years ago I filed bankruptcy, 2 years ago I applied for an auto loan and had to get a cosigner.  A year & 1/2 ago I applied for a credit card and approved.  I've made all of my payments on time.  I have applied for several auto loans on my own without my cosigner.  I have been denied every time.  I have been working on repairing my credit and doing all of the right things.  I have a 690 fico and am curious as to how to proceed.  The denial letters state that my assets are insufficient for the amount of credit requested, serious delinquency, past or present credit obligations.  Suggestions? 

Hello and welcome to the forums.

My first suggestion or advice is to wait about a year to try and refinance. That will give you more time for your new credit to age a bit and also time for the inquiries to lose some of their sting. You can also work on saving up for a large down payment because it sounds like you are wanting more credit for the refi than they are willing to give you.

Is that serous delinquency mentioned in the denial letters the BK from three years ago or is there something else?

Edited for typo.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.