Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto payments

tag
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Auto payments

on my monthly bill for my auto loan- it has an option to pay the principal only option. What is this and what does it mean? Thanks 

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto payments

@Jpmack29 wrote:

on my monthly bill for my auto loan- it has an option to pay the principal only option. What is this and what does it mean? Thanks 

It's an option to make extra payments on your loan and have the amount applied directly to the principal part of your loan.  It's a way to pay off your loan earlier but keep in mind that this does not take the place of your regularly scheduled monthly payment.  I have the same option on my USAA auto loan and have used it to accelerate the pay down of the loan

Message 2 of 3
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Re: Auto payments

I see, I'm aware that it doesn't replace my monthly payment. Just wasn't sure what it was for. Thanks 

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.