Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto refinance question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto refinance question

About 6 months ago my partner bought his first car. At his instance, he wanted to do it all on his own (no co-signer). At the time he had a thin file credit report. I explained that if he did get approved it would not be pretty and I was right but again, he wanted to do this on his own. 6 months later, between the on time payments for this and a BofA credit card, his score is now about 670 (TU). His current APR is atrocious (25%). It is definitely time for a re-fi but I want him to be careful about how many places he applies for it. I don't want him to have a lot of HP's for this. Any suggestions? I think a bank site would offer something better than lending tree but which way should he go?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Chris679
Established Contributor

Re: Auto refinance question

My first choice would be a local credit union. I like to keep all of my loans and checking accounts in one spot.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto refinance question

Thanks for the advice. I agree with the credit union option but there are not a lot of great ones in my opinion in my area. It's probably worth some research.  I belonged to a great one for almost 15 years but they got bought out by a large CU from back east (I live on the west coast) and you would think the way they shut almost all services down that they were trying to rid themselves of the west coast customers. Eventually, I turned over to a chain bank.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.