Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto refinance with navy fed or dcu ?

tag
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

Auto refinance with navy fed or dcu ?

so just signed up with dcu in hopes of getting a auto refi, now just got email from navy saying invited to apply auto refi.  My loan is with neither and I know neither is guaranteed to approve me.  It's a generic question but which would you apply for?  I'm currently paying double digit % and looking to get that down in next 6 months if possible.  Thx in advance.

EX 706. TU 705 EQ 682. Avg 698
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Auto refinance with navy fed or dcu ?

@avggoal700 wrote:

so just signed up with dcu in hopes of getting a auto refi, now just got email from navy saying invited to apply auto refi.  My loan is with neither and I know neither is guaranteed to approve me.  It's a generic question but which would you apply for?  I'm currently paying double digit % and looking to get that down in next 6 months if possible.  Thx in advance.

There are many people who've had success with DCU so you could start there.  Also NFCU is probably a good idea as well.  

How is your auto loan history....any negatives?

Also I will move this to the Auto Loans board for better visibility.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 16
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@avggoal700 wrote:

There are many people who've had success with DCU so you could start there.  Also NFCU is probably a good idea as well.  

How is your auto loan history....any negatives?

Also I will move this to the Auto Loans board for better visibility.

Only auto late I have is in 2010, 30 day late which I don't agree was really late and I currently have a GW request in.  30 day late from this year which was not really a late, EX/EQ have deleted while still trying get TU to delete, the bank sent a request to all 3 CB to fix and i have dispute with TU but TU still hasn't  fixed it yet.

Message 3 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@avggoal700 wrote:

Only auto late I have is in 2010, 30 day late which I don't agree was really late and I currently have a GW request in.  30 day late from this year which was not really a late, EX/EQ have deleted while still trying get TU to delete, the bank sent a request to all 3 CB to fix and i have dispute with TU but TU still hasn't  fixed it yet.

Well hopefully you won't have an issue getting refinanced ~ 30 day lates are viewed as relatively minor most of the time.

Message 4 of 16
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@avggoal700 wrote:

Well hopefully you won't have an issue getting refinanced ~ 30 day lates are viewed as relatively minor most of the time.

Thank you .  Hopefully not, the 2010 issue was a computer glitch so the bank told me in 2010, unfortunately I I wasn't on this board in 2010 .

Message 5 of 16
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

navy is running a special get $$$ back when you refinance with them...

Message 6 of 16
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Also if it's just on TU, it won't matter. Both DCU and NFCU pull EQ as far as I know?

Message 7 of 16
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

@credit-hunter wrote:

navy is running a special get $$$ back when you refinance with them...

Thx I saw that.  I guess I could try both even though I'm trying to save my HPs, the potential $ saved would be worth it.  Still trying clean up report while I wait on DCU welcome package.

@Remember0, TU is my worse one so that would be great.  

Message 8 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Remember0 wrote:

Also if it's just on TU, it won't matter. Both DCU and NFCU pull EQ as far as I know?

I know that NFCU will sometimes pull TU, I think it varies though, so could be either.

Message 9 of 16
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

Thx again board, you just lowered my % by almost 9%

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.