Frequent Contributor
avggoal700

Auto refinance with navy fed or dcu ?

so just signed up with dcu in hopes of getting a auto refi, now just got email from navy saying invited to apply auto refi.  My loan is with neither and I know neither is guaranteed to approve me.  It's a generic question but which would you apply for?  I'm currently paying double digit % and looking to get that down in next 6 months if possible.  Thx in advance.

Next on wish list: Amex Blue everyday, Sallie Mae, Chase Feeedom
pizzadude

Re: Auto refinance with navy fed or dcu ?

avggoal700 wrote:

so just signed up with dcu in hopes of getting a auto refi, now just got email from navy saying invited to apply auto refi.  My loan is with neither and I know neither is guaranteed to approve me.  It's a generic question but which would you apply for?  I'm currently paying double digit % and looking to get that down in next 6 months if possible.  Thx in advance.

There are many people who've had success with DCU so you could start there.  Also NFCU is probably a good idea as well.  

How is your auto loan history....any negatives?

Also I will move this to the Auto Loans board for better visibility.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Frequent Contributor
avggoal700

pizzadude wrote:

avggoal700 wrote:

There are many people who've had success with DCU so you could start there.  Also NFCU is probably a good idea as well.  

How is your auto loan history....any negatives?

Also I will move this to the Auto Loans board for better visibility.

Only auto late I have is in 2010, 30 day late which I don't agree was really late and I currently have a GW request in.  30 day late from this year which was not really a late, EX/EQ have deleted while still trying get TU to delete, the bank sent a request to all 3 CB to fix and i have dispute with TU but TU still hasn't  fixed it yet.

pizzadude

avggoal700 wrote:

Only auto late I have is in 2010, 30 day late which I don't agree was really late and I currently have a GW request in.  30 day late from this year which was not really a late, EX/EQ have deleted while still trying get TU to delete, the bank sent a request to all 3 CB to fix and i have dispute with TU but TU still hasn't  fixed it yet.

Well hopefully you won't have an issue getting refinanced ~ 30 day lates are viewed as relatively minor most of the time.

Frequent Contributor
avggoal700

pizzadude wrote:

avggoal700 wrote:

Well hopefully you won't have an issue getting refinanced ~ 30 day lates are viewed as relatively minor most of the time.

Thank you .  Hopefully not, the 2010 issue was a computer glitch so the bank told me in 2010, unfortunately I I wasn't on this board in 2010 .

Frequent Contributor
credit-hunter

navy is running a special get $$$ back when you refinance with them...

Valued Contributor
Remember0

Also if it's just on TU, it won't matter. Both DCU and NFCU pull EQ as far as I know?

As I am very busy with work these days, I am participating in the forums less than I would like to. Please feel free to email me directly remembermyfico //at// gmail /dot/ com if you would like me to respond to a specific question you have.
Frequent Contributor
avggoal700

credit-hunter wrote:

navy is running a special get $$$ back when you refinance with them...

Thx I saw that.  I guess I could try both even though I'm trying to save my HPs, the potential $ saved would be worth it.  Still trying clean up report while I wait on DCU welcome package.

@Remember0, TU is my worse one so that would be great.  

pizzadude

Remember0 wrote:

Also if it's just on TU, it won't matter. Both DCU and NFCU pull EQ as far as I know?

I know that NFCU will sometimes pull TU, I think it varies though, so could be either.

Frequent Contributor
avggoal700

Thx again board, you just lowered my % by almost 9%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}