Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoLoan Pre-Qualify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AutoLoan Pre-Qualify

One of the websites I looking to buy a car is offering Pre-Qualify options for an autoloan with rates starting at 1.9%. It claims no credit check and does not need your SSN or DOB. This is their disclaimer:

I understand that by clicking the "Get Payments" button, I am providing "written instruction" under the FCRA authorizing Drive It Now and Auto Equity Inc to obtain personal credit and other information from the consumer reporting agency solely for credit pre-qualification. This process will have no affect on my credit score.

Has anyone done this before? Does it really not effect your credit score? Were you really offered financing at the rate they "pre-qulaified" you for?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: AutoLoan Pre-Qualify

@Anonymous wrote:

One of the websites I looking to buy a car is offering Pre-Qualify options for an autoloan with rates starting at 1.9%. It claims no credit check and does not need your SSN or DOB. This is their disclaimer:

I understand that by clicking the "Get Payments" button, I am providing "written instruction" under the FCRA authorizing Drive It Now and Auto Equity Inc to obtain personal credit and other information from the consumer reporting agency solely for credit pre-qualification. This process will have no affect on my credit score.

Has anyone done this before? Does it really not effect your credit score? Were you really offered financing at the rate they "pre-qulaified" you for?

This type of pre~approval would likely be similar to credit card pre~approval websites.    It is not a guarantee or an actual approval though.  

It sounds like they would be doing a soft pull on your credit reports based on the fact that they claim it won't affect your credit score.

In order to go through with the approval they will eventually have to pull your credit, which will very likely be a hard pull.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AutoLoan Pre-Qualify

Hi, I'm with DriveItNow and can answer your questions directly.

I assume you are using this service on an auto dealer's website?

The credit pull is simialr to a soft-pull in the fact that it does not affect your credit score. Your credit information is used to pre-qualify you for actual finance programs the dealership offers. If your credit information is attainable and we are able to match you with a finance program, your patment options are displayed.

The dealer would need to obtain a full credit application in order to complete the selected loan option.

The service is created to help consumers view real finance offers and payments before going into the dealership.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. It's always good to get feedback from the consumer side of the experience to help make the service better. Smiley Happy

-Tarry

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.