Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloan Speculation - Chances of my approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Autoloan Speculation - Chances of my approval

I am thinking of getting a new car before the Snow hits. I have a 2010 Honda Civic and all it does is a lot of scary dancing on heavy snow and ice. I want to avoid that this year with 87 inch snowfall predicted.

Car I am thinking - Jeep Cherokee

Price ~ 35,000

Current Car - 2010 Honda Civic - Purchased - 2013

Current Car Loan - $11000 with DCU @ 1.99%. 

Before you speculate on my current sitation. A little history. 

I had ZERO credit score last year when I bought the car. So there are around 26 hits on record where dealers tried to get me approved. Finally got approved from Santander @ 24% which I refinanced after 5 months with DCU at a very good rate of 1.99%. I changed job as well in last year and now here I am with a huge number of hits from my car buying adventure. 

I got an approval for Chase Freedom Card for $9K last week. So I got a hit on my Experian score last week. 

Credit Score: EQ 710 TU 678  EX 685
AAoA: 1.6 years
# of positive trade lines: 3
# of negative trade lines: 0
Income: 85,000
Lenght of Employment: 7 months
Previous Loan Experience: One loan through DCU @ 1.99%. 
Debt-to-Income (DTI): 15%
Year of Car: 2015
Miles: New
Purchase/Refinance: Purchase
Requested loan term (XX Months): 60
Down payment amount: 2500
Co-borrower/Co-Signer: No
Other: Never a missed payment or bill anywhere.

What do you think ? Should I go ahead and apply ? Or Should I dance on for another year ?

Appreatiate your valuable response and time. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Autoloan Speculation - Chances of my approval

I would think you would qualify

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks sccredit, I am also thinking of just applying and seeing what happens. Maybe I might get approved.

Message 3 of 5
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Do you have your EQ-04 score from DCU?   I think they give the best rates for a score over 675. If yours is over and you have the income, I think you are golden for another DCU loan.  Going through them would just be the one HP.    In 6 months to a year, I might add another CC just to help round out my credit mix.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 

My current EQ score is 725, I have a EQ subscription at equifax and it tells me that score now. Not sure if it is EQ-04 or EQ-08 though. I got a bump from 701 to 725 on reducing my Debt-to-credit ratio from 66% to 0% now.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.