Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK Friendly Car Loans

tag
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

BK Friendly Car Loans

My CSD2120 was filed and my CH13 BK discharge is imminent (I hope).  My 13 year old car's check engine light just came on (yet again) and will need a car almost immediately after discharge.  I have been at my current job for 18 years and have a good income, no credit card debt (obviously), and a mortgage.  I'm looking for a BK friendly place to apply for a car loan.  Though I'm an NFCU member, I can't use them since I burned them in BK.  Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: BK Friendly Car Loans

Here is a thread I found from a few years ago. Maybe it will be helpful.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/anyone-know-of-online-fresh-bankruptcy-friendly-auto-loan...

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Carmax got me financed through Santander 1 day after dismissed Chapter 13 which I refied later.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chrysler Capital!!!! They have a program for the dodge dart for BK folks or freshly discharged. Apply online or prequal with out a hard pull.

Message 4 of 8
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I find myself obssessively checking Pacer, waiting for that discarge.  I'll check into your suggestions and read that thread.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one if u didn't burn them in bk

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Explore your local Credit Unions. You could be pleasantly surprised

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved through Prestige Financial.. Interest is horrible at 16% but I guess that's expected. I applied at the dealership and it was 5 days before my discharge.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.