Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMW FInancial and CREDCO...4 Hard Inquiry for 1 car, same dealer, credit ran 1x

tag
Stage24u
Established Member

BMW FInancial and CREDCO...4 Hard Inquiry for 1 car, same dealer, credit ran 1x

I leased a new BMW 3 mo ago and was approved for top tier financing, no issue. 

Upon checking my credit reports, I foound the following:

3 Hard Inquiry from CREDCO TU/EX/EQ

1 Hard Inquiry from BMW Fincancial

I went to one dealer, not many, and had my credit ran 1x, so why would I have 4 inquiries, 2 on EX, instead of 3?

Can I have one removed? Either 1 BMWF or 1 CREDCO?

If so, how would I go about it?

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BMW FInancial and CREDCO...4 Hard Inquiry for 1 car, same dealer, credit ran 1x

Are you sure Credco was for the car? I haven't seen it used in the auto industry, but they are certainly around in the mortgage industry.

If I had that, I would let it go. I'd let it go because FICO is ignoring the extra inquiry. If you wanted to pursue it, then I'd call BMW and start there.

Message 2 of 4
Stage24u
Established Member

Re: BMW FInancial and CREDCO...4 Hard Inquiry for 1 car, same dealer, credit ran 1x

Yes, the Credco and BMW inquiry are on the same day.

All 4 inq were from BMW (3 Credco, 1 BMWF).

Message 3 of 4
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

It is definitely an auto-related HP.  My DH bought a new car last summer and was hit with 2 HP - one from Chase (who financed the loan) and one from CREDCO.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.