Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMWFS/MINIFS Lease won't drop off...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BMWFS/MINIFS Lease won't drop off...

So here's the deal, I had a Mini Cooper leased through BMWFS for about 16 months, before she was tragically totaled (I was OK thankfully!) After that happened, I decided to custom order a new Mini Cooper. It's been about 3 months since my car has been written off as a total loss, but it's still being reported on my credit report (Not negatively, but it's still there) My new car is about 2 or 3 weeks away from delivery, and I'm starting to get really worried that BMW won't approve me with my old lease still reporting. Granted, it was through them and I was never late or anything. What do you guys suggest I do? Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BMWFS/MINIFS Lease won't drop off...

Is that your ONLY installment loan reporting?  If so, it's helping your score.  A credit profile with NO open installment loans can drop 15-30 points!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it is, I just don't want there to be issues when I apply for the new lease in a few weeks when the new car is delivered...

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It shouldn't be an issue.  If it fell off and your score fell, that could be an issue, if your score fell below BMWFi's minimums.  I believe they want to see 620 across the board.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm well below that at the moment lol. I was well below it when I got the original car as well. Hopefully they'll have mercy on me since I had the last car through them for a year and a half with no missed or late payments...

Message 5 of 10
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm well below that at the moment lol. I was well below it when I got the original car as well. Hopefully they'll have mercy on me since I had the last car through them for a year and a half with no missed or late payments...

I wouldn't worry yet. BMWFS tends to approve almost anyone with a pulse, though expect higher rates/money factors for lower scores.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

True, true! Lol

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you below it because of credit card utilization/maxed out limits?

I know they approve as low as 580 because I've seen it myself a number of times, although they usually require a hefty down payment at the subprime scores.

Message 8 of 10
nykos5000
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So here's the deal, I had a Mini Cooper leased through BMWFS for about 16 months, before she was tragically totaled (I was OK thankfully!) After that happened, I decided to custom order a new Mini Cooper. It's been about 3 months since my car has been written off as a total loss, but it's still being reported on my credit report (Not negatively, but it's still there) My new car is about 2 or 3 weeks away from delivery, and I'm starting to get really worried that BMW won't approve me with my old lease still reporting. Granted, it was through them and I was never late or anything. What do you guys suggest I do? Thanks in advance

BMW will have record of your previous lease in their system showing your old lease completed due to a total loss so no worries there. BMW Finance keeps extensive records of all their leasees Smiley Happy 

BK7 08/2016 | DC 12/2016

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. It ended up dropping off. Took 18 points off Experian, and 8 from TU. Lol. So I’m good to go now lol
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.