Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Experience With Dealer

tag
SMikulski49
Regular Contributor

Re: Bad Experience With Dealer

@6speed8 wrote:

Finance manager tried selling me on an extended warranty. He told me - the retired mechanic and service advisor - that "say for example, an oxygen sensor fails because of this Texas heat, it will not be covered by your basic warranty".

ME: "So you're trying to tell me that a component like an oxygen sensor that operates in 800-1200 degree temperatures at the inlet and outlet of my catalytic converter, is going to fail because it's 100 degrees OUTSIDE ?! And someone can PROVE that ?!?!? Riiiight. Let me tell you Bob, I'm a retired mechanic. IF.... BIG IF... That oxygen sensor fails outside of the basic warranty - as well as the FEDERAL EMMISSIONS WARRANTY - I'll buy a new oxygen sensor at whatever it costs and replace it myself in an hour. Save the sales pitch for someone who doesn't know any better".

haha I love when they try to tell you something that doesnt make any sense. One dealer was telling me I should get the extended warranty because when it's hot outside and you drive on the road, all that heat can melt wires. I was not 100% decided on that car at the time so I replied "Well if your telling me the wires on this car can melt just becuase I drive the car on the road and it happens to be a hotter day I really don't want this car" I got up and left the place.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.