cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank refusing to report to Experian? Is this sketch? Normal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank refusing to report to Experian? Is this sketch? Normal?

I have a new auto loan with First Bank of Ohio - didn't do too much research on this bank and kind of regretting it. They seem small/sketchy so far.

I've made 3 monthly payments so far, and noticed that it's still not showing up on my Experian report (the only one I check, thru freecreditreport.com) so I called to ask them to report to Experian.

Spoke with the underwriter and a couple others - they said they only report to Equifax because Equifax is the only credit bureau that "requires a report."

Never heard this before...what can I do? I really want this on ALL THREE REPORTS!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank refusing to report to Experian? Is this sketch? Normal?

Many small banks and credit unions only pull a single report and may only report back to 1 or 2.  I have a credit card with Alliant Credit Union and they report to EQ and EX, but not TU.

There is no requirement for a lender to report anything.  So, if that is not their policy or they don't report to certain bureaus, you are not likely to get it reported to those through any request.  It's all automated computerized systems now.  However it is setup is what will happen.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.