Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beating a dealer at his own game

tag
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

Beating a dealer at his own game

Today was my day I planned to go to the dealership and see what offers he had for me even tho I had absolutely no intentions of buying a car until next year but since I already have 30 inq on each I decided wth let's see what I get. Mind you I already have a car loan open for my son that he pays and I'm also less than a year post repo charge off and I still got 3.84% 72 months zero down. Lol I was blown away but still held strong. 

He deserved an A+ for effort but I told him IMAGINE the rate I will get next year when I'm ready to buy a car he looked at me and said I wouldn't get that good of a rate  next year but I will be in 700 or high 600

Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Beating a dealer at his own game

You went into a dealership with no intention of buying a car, just to see what rate you could get?  My god I would rather stick forks in my eyes.

Message 2 of 27
empiror22
Regular Contributor

he may be right, the fed rates are "supposed" to go up this summer. 

Message 3 of 27
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

You went into a dealership with no intention of buying a car, just to see what rate you could get?  My god I would rather stick forks in my eyes.

This!!!!.

OP, Hats off to you.

Message 4 of 27
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

Well of course I test drove cars lol but the dealership is not a scary place for me with good credit its actually pretty fun to see them scramble to try to get you to buy

Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 5 of 27
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

3.84% with low 600 scores? Sounds almost too good to be true.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 6 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It is kind of funny that you tested the waters but maybe my experiences with car dealers has jaded me. It always turns into an 8 hour ordeal, with my head pounding at the end.
Message 7 of 27
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

I thought the same thing but he had it all ready I just had to give the okay. And if you go on true car and type in my location in mass and the prices are super low so I will get a great deal. I'm looking at 2015 awd nav v6 when I am ready and won't pay a dollar over 25k but am confident I will get it.

Also this dealership is great last time I bought a car I spent a total of 20 mins in there and was all ready no haggling there prices are always below market value

Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

72 months huh, the trick they got is how long the term is negates the interest rate, they get the money on the back end IMO, thats just to get the payments lower in the consumers eyes

Message 9 of 27
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Going to the dealership with no intention of buying a car... On a weekend... That's just dumb.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.