cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beaverton Toyota/Scion is trying to pull one over.

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Beaverton Toyota/Scion is trying to pull one over.

Husband bought a new truck but I did the deal over the phone and had it all set in stone and all he had to do was drive over and sign and get the truck.   The dealership is hours away and he bought it without my name/credit.

The final loan amount came back at 811.00 MORE than we agreed the FINAL number would be ( and 811.00 OVER what the CU will pay), AND they wrote in a lower amount for the payoff of the trade than I told them it needed to be by about 50 bucks.

They said today on the phone that they will do "Whatever we need to do to make you happy" but I've talked to 3 different people now and no one will be in until Friday who can handle this.  (WHA?)  You'd think the Finance Manager would be able to handle this, wouldn't you?  Isn't it funny how nice the salesperson is until things go wrong?

By the way, we bought a 2006 Toyota Tacoma quad cab for 21400.00  (76K miles) ..... (IF they fix the problem that is) at 4.5 percent (which was really supposed to be 3.9% but there was a communication problem on that end, too.

I know that there is not much we can do since the documents are signed, but the CU isn't loaning more than they said they would and we are not paying the 811.00 out of pocket.  So what happens then if they decide not to "make me happy?"

Never send your spouse to do this kind of thing if you are the auto-savvy one.  Even if you think it's just a matter of finishing up loose ends.

I hope you  make it right, Beaverton Toyota!  I'll be sure to post back with the update.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Beaverton Toyota/Scion is trying to pull one over.

Wow, Booner. I am so sorry to hear that your husband was taken by Beaverton Toyota.

If I were you I would be there tomorrow. To heck with waiting until Friday. I would be there with a whole list of consumer websites that you would post your experience on - sites like RipOff Report and Yelp - etc if the manager didn't fix it pronto. There are many out there. Bring your paperwork for the deal you worked out over the phone/internet before your husband went there. Check the contract and see if there is some period you can cancel the deal (doubtful, but worth checking). If there is nothing that they will do, then put out your experience in a calm, cool and collected post to every government agency and complaint website you can find. A well worded complaint all over the internet won't get your $$ back, but it will give you satisfaction and put fear into the hearts of the marketing department, lead generation department and the management if they understand how serious you are about it.

Message 2 of 7
PBAJ
Established Member

I would contact them again alot of times I have seen this happen and they tend to drop that amount off. Also if you do not get the results you want file a complaint with the BBB they are no joke and will normally have to deal with it unless they want a bad report on there. Also you could just go on and check their history with previous complaints ect.

Starting Score: 574
Current Score: EX 656 TU 679 Vantage 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

What keeps running through my head is the Discover commercial where the wife says "Last week he went out for milk and came home with a puppy."Smiley Very Happy

I hope you find satisfaction to your problem.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Still fightin. Now over forty bucks. We are not paying a dime more. So we are just waiting for our c.u. to let them know they are only getting x, and won't get it til they pay the existing trade off. Told the guy yesterday that what's right is right.

During dealings he said he could get eng/title into the amt. I asked how and he said "because I'm good". So after I puked we agreed.

It was pretty funny yesterday when I reminded him of that conversation word for word.
Message 5 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Eng means dmv. Cell phones not so good for posts.
Message 6 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Did you get it worked out yet?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.