New Visitor
rebuildingcreditauto

Before Applying for Auto Loan

I have a FICO of 699 and have been rebuilding my credit, I basically only have one credit card, which I had charged a little over 300 w/ a 500 balance however I paid it off so it is now only 30 however this isn't reflected on my Fico for probably 20 more days. Should I wait the until my credit card reflects the new lower balance before applying for a car loan?

Eve23

Re: Before Applying for Auto Loan

Yes, you should wait until your new balance is reflected and updated on your credit report. Your balance plays a role on your scoring.

I too am waiting till the 9th of this month for it to update before applying for a loan.

Good Luck.

Senior Contributor
Walt_K

Eve23 wrote:

Yes, you should wait until your new balance is reflected and updated on your credit report. Your balance plays a role on your scoring.

I too am waiting till the 9th of this month for it to update before applying for a loan.

Good Luck.

+1.  And because you are going from 60% utilization to less than 10%, you can expect to see a fairly nice score bump.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
ImprovingYouth

Walt_K wrote:

Eve23 wrote:

Good Luck.

+1.  And because you are going from 60% utilization to less than 10%, you can expect to see a fairly nice score bump.

+1 Walt is wise!

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly :smileytongue:) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Valued Contributor
Dustink

I hope you have other lines on your credit report. If the only thing on the report is one low limit credit card. The dealer might give a high rate because of the thin file.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+