Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best places to Refinance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best places to Refinance?

Well.. Just signed my life away on my car with ally Bank. 
 at 15.59% @_@ I'm aware that's a lot but my car was doomed, and while I was approved at my local CU for 8% I needed to have a co-signer and I 
did not want my father to once again have to save me from something. Time to stand on my own two feet. 

Any-hoo.. 
Bought the car out the door for $23,500. 
My local CU had the car valued at $26,500. 

Questions: 
• How soon should I refinance? 
• Best places to try and re-finance? 
• Any other suggestions. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best places to Refinance?

Try DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union). They currently offer 1.99% for scores over 675. 1.49% with direct deposit. Keep in mind that you will be hard pulled for membership and then again for the loan.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the refinancing market now too, but DCU website says 1.99% with DD and 2.49% with just the free checking. Is that promotion over or did i miss something?
Message 3 of 15
Tf2012

I just refinanced with DCU and they said my credit score was 691 and they gave me at 3.24 rate. They did also give me a $7500 credit card so I'm not going to complain. I didn't do the direct deposit but they said 3 payments and they would lower it to 2.74.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. The dcu rate everyone quotes if from last year.
2. Currently their rates are 1.99,2.24 and 2.74 for 730+,700+ and 675+ Fico 5 scores, respectively. (All assuming direct deposit, .5 higher if no dd)
3. There is no minimum time needed to wait to refinance. You can do it now if you want to, pending your scores are good enough.
4. Great job on the deal.
5. Find out your fico5 score, if your scores solid enough, go with dcu asap
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can try capital one. Their online tool is pretty good.

What type of baddies are holding your score down (I'm just assuming based on your rate, sorry if I'm wrong). The type of baddie might limit your options.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You can try capital one. Their online tool is pretty good.

What type of baddies are holding your score down (I'm just assuming based on your rate, sorry if I'm wrong). The type of baddie might limit your options.

No need to apologize.
I used to have 8-9 paid collections just sitting on my report. I never knew they affected the way banks looked at me until I came here. 
Since the last time I had a 3B done, I've had 5 of those 8 paid collections removed and paid off the $1500 balance on both my credit cards. (They currently have a zero balance)
I still have 1 baddie I haven't paid which is a $1056 to Sprint from 2012. They refuse to work with me, they want payment in full. So It's an ongoing battle with them. 

The dealership gave me a copy of my credit score which shows 607 from Transunion. But the payment in full on my credit cards was just made last week wednesday and my statements do not close until the 20th.

Message 7 of 15
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

my brother just refinanced his truck at (Starharbor CU), he said they gave him a extremely low rate, and his scores are poor. give them a try!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just saw your other thread. Did you ever call dcu back? I'd hate to have taken a pull for nothing. Fortunately you're score is gonna go to over the next few months just by virtue of time passing since negatives if any break a yearly threshold, and the inq you just took aging to a year. You'll probably end up wanting to refi this car twice within the next 2 years. Baby stepping it down to a lower rate. Preferably the first and second refi with the same lender so your aaoa doesn't reset 

Message 9 of 15
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
1. The dcu rate everyone quotes if from last year.
2. Currently their rates are 1.99,2.24 and 2.74 for 730+,700+ and 675+ Fico 5 scores, respectively. (All assuming direct deposit, .5 higher if no dd)
3. There is no minimum time needed to wait to refinance. You can do it now if you want to, pending your scores are good enough.
4. Great job on the deal.
5. Find out your fico5 score, if your scores solid enough, go with dcu asap

So, do we apply for membership first and then for refinance?

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.