Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best places to Refinance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best places to Refinance?

Doesn't matter the order. I applied for the loan first, was approved then apped for membership and was approved instantly(not the case for everyone). Both take a hard pull because of separate departments.
Message 11 of 15
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

I was about to apply and then I saw such mixed reviews about approval and with my recent purchase I have new inquiries and am thinking they may deny me because of that. I guess I better do it now before the 10 or 14 days has passed.

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 12 of 15
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well.. Just signed my life away on my car with ally Bank. 
@ at 15.59% @_@ I'm aware that's a lot but my car was doomed, and while I was approved at my local CU for 8% I needed to have a co-signer and I 
did not want my father to once again have to save me from something. Time to stand on my own two feet. 

Any-hoo.. 
Bought the car out the door for $23,500. 
My local CU had the car valued at $26,500. 

Questions: 
• How soon should I refinance? 
• Best places to try and re-finance? 
• Any other suggestions. 

If your scores are as they are in your signature line, try the Capital One https://www.capitalone.com/auto-financing/auto-refinancing/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=T&LOB=MTS%3A%3ALCTML6KG4&PageName=Auto+Loans&PortletLocation=4%3B16-col%3B1-1-2-1-1&ContentElement=1%3BLearn+More&TargetLob=MTS%3A%3ALCTML6KG4&TargetPageName=Auto+Refinance&referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.capitalone.com%2Fauto-financing

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well first if you purchased something recently you can always just tell them what the inquires were for and that wouldn't affect anything. I had a 24month old 180+ late payment and they asked about it and I explained to them and everything was fine. My eq5 was 677. The approval for MEMBERSHIP can be touch and go supposedly. But I believe that's more if you move a ton probably and for some reason they can't verify identity. They told me over the phone I'd have to send in some proof of residency , when I applied online it automatically approved it. So some are lucky, some aren't, and some just have to verify something. I don't think that's a major deterrent from a great rate personally

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I refinanced through carfinance.com 9 months ago and have had no issues. I was with Cap1 for almost 2.5 years at 19%. Never missed a payment. My payment with Cap1 was 596$ a month. Applied with carfinance.com and they gave me 4.99% and my payment is 235$ a month. Have read bad things about them. But if you pay on time you won't have any problems.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.