Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of SANTANDER Auto Loans

tag
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Beware of SANTANDER Auto Loans

I've seen countless people desperate for a loan come through this board and I don't think I've EVER seen anyone recommend Santander, no matter how bad the outlook. I see Santander mentioned far more in the Rebuilding section than the Auto Loan section, which is saying something.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 11 of 44
TrishN
Established Contributor

I just got a autoloan with Santander. Due day is 27 this month. But now I did not received any bill from them.wait old me they sent me a bill on 11/13/2012. Now 11/15/2012 stil no bill from them.if the bill come to my house now. Still short days to pay for it.that may make me late payment. Other options I have to pay online,that's gonna cost me 10 more dollars to pay online. I'll try my best to get away from this company.

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 12 of 44
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@TrishN wrote:

I just got a autoloan with Santander. Due day is 27 this month. But now I did not received any bill from them.wait old me they sent me a bill on 11/13/2012. Now 11/15/2012 stil no bill from them.if the bill come to my house now. Still short days to pay for it.that may make me late payment. Other options I have to pay online,that's gonna cost me 10 more dollars to pay online. I'll try my best to get away from this company.

I'm sorry I'm not following your post?

Are you saying your bill is due 11/27/2012 but you still have yet to receive a statement so you don't know how you will get payment to them in time to not be late?

Message 13 of 44
tatum4315

I got a Santander loan last June after being turned down by everyone else. The interest rate is painful, but I only borrowed $ 8000. I stay ahead several payments and have had no issues at all. They post accurately to all three bureaus.

Message 14 of 44
TrishN
Established Contributor

Sorry my ipad auto typing wrong word.first my due day is 11/27/2012,now 11/16/2012 still did not get any bill from Santander .i went online checked for payment options. I saw paper and email. (both). So I called Santander asked for my paper bill. They told me they sent it out on 11/12/2012.so look like they want me to pay online ,but if I pay online they will cost 10$ more for making online payment. This is not fair

1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 15 of 44
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@TrishN wrote:

Sorry my ipad auto typing wrong word.first my due day is 11/27/2012,now 11/16/2012 still did not get any bill from Santander .i went online checked for payment options. I saw paper and email. (both). So I called Santander asked for my paper bill. They told me they sent it out on 11/12/2012.so look like they want me to pay online ,but if I pay online they will cost 10$ more for making online payment. This is not fair

Id just go online and pay the bill. I do notice it seems like i get my bills maybe 2 weeks before the due date. But i always pay before the due date anyway just because of how i get paid and how i want the note to come out.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 16 of 44
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@Jutz wrote:

I've seen countless people desperate for a loan come through this board and I don't think I've EVER seen anyone recommend Santander, no matter how bad the outlook. I see Santander mentioned far more in the Rebuilding section than the Auto Loan section, which is saying something.

I would not recmment them either because they are for bad credit and rebuilders and the interest rate i have sucks...15%

But as far as not reporting or saying that they do not see a payment, I dont have those issues.

I also like that I can make my payments ahead of time and it does not go on the bottom, but on the top

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 17 of 44
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

2 things:

~ I too use to pay ahead with Santander and yes it was nice that it came off bottom so if I had any issues one month I could pay less because it always showed no payment due because of being ahead... now on the flip side if you are someone that wants to throw some extra money at a bill to get it paid early, you would I guess need to call them about applying it to the principle vs. just setting it towards future payments.

~ This pay online cost thing... isnt that simply if you want to pay using a credit card or for Money Gram, but you can pay with your checking account online free?  If still no on free to pay,  not sure why you couldn't set it up in your banks online bill pay, should take 1-2 days to post... very rarely will I come across a bill that for some reason does not accept electronic bills so it takes 5 for my bank to send a check.  But actually I go back to my original question/statement that a bank can not charge you to make a payment unless it's an express payment or something or delinquent, that is part of the new credit law. (over phone they can, but online using your checking account should be free, and like I said if you click to pay with your credit card it takes you to a 3rd party which I have used before when I had Santander and it's great if something happens and forget to pay, it counts instantly or if you are a little short.)

Message 18 of 44
TrishN
Established Contributor

~ I too use to pay ahead with Santander and yes it was nice that it came off bottom so if I had any issues one month I could pay less because it always showed no payment due because of being ahead... now on the flip side if you are someone that wants to throw some extra money at a bill to get it paid early, you would I guess need to call them about applying it to the principle vs. just setting it towards future payments.

~ This pay online cost thing... isnt that simply if you want to pay using a credit card or for Money Gram, but you can pay with your checking account online free? If still no on free to pay, not sure why you couldn't set it up in your banks online bill pay, should take 1-2 days to post... very rarely will I come across a bill that for some reason does not accept electronic bills so it takes 5 for my bank to send a check. But actually I go back to my original question/statement that a bank can not charge you to make a payment unless it's an express payment or something or delinquent, that is part of the new credit law. (over phone they can, but online using your checking account should be free, and like I said if you click to pay with your credit card it takes you to a 3rd party which I have used before when I had Santander and it's great if something happens and forget to pay, it counts instantly or if you are a little short.)

you seem like you dont know about this.

i just opened an auto loan with santander.

1: first bill not received

2:due day is coming up. today 11/17/2012 and due day is 11/27/2012

3Smiley Tongueay online by wester union or credit card or checking account with Santander you have to pay 10 DOLLARS MORE

1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 19 of 44
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@TrishN wrote:

~ This pay online cost thing... isnt that simply if you want to pay using a credit card or for Money Gram, but you can pay with your checking account online free? If still no on free to pay, not sure why you couldn't set it up in your banks online bill pay, should take 1-2 days to post... very rarely will I come across a bill that for some reason does not accept electronic bills so it takes 5 for my bank to send a check. But actually I go back to my original question/statement that a bank can not charge you to make a payment unless it's an express payment or something or delinquent, that is part of the new credit law. (over phone they can, but online using your checking account should be free, and like I said if you click to pay with your credit card it takes you to a 3rd party which I have used before when I had Santander and it's great if something happens and forget to pay, it counts instantly or if you are a little short.)

you seem like you dont know about this.

i just opened an auto loan with santander.

1: first bill not received

2:due day is coming up. today 11/17/2012 and due day is 11/27/2012

3Smiley Tongueay online by wester union or credit card or checking account with Santander you have to pay 10 DOLLARS MORE

Okay.

1. I would log in and even if you keep Statements coming vs. Electronic, set up EVERY Alert Notification you can, Text, Email, etc.

2. I understand annoying that bill has not come but since you do know the due date, not sure why you would miss it or have trouble with it, log in and get the mail to us information and then bill pay from your checking account for free.

3. I did log in and I don't understand how they charge to take a check online but looks like they might now, so I do take back my statement of doing that...

4. I might not do it either but you could set up "Auto-Pay" and they don't charge for that and you can't be late if they are the ones pulling!

I rather set up auto pay in my own checking account... then your checking account should handle issues.

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.