cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brutal answers needed for a first time buyer!

tag
welshdan
New Contributor

Brutal answers needed for a first time buyer!

Ok this could get quite long so apologies in advance.

My wife and I moved to the US in July of 2009. I am a UK citizen with permanent residency with a green card and my wife is a US citizen.

Due to the length of time she was out of the US her credit is non exsistent but there is nothing bad on there.

Since July 2009 we have been building credit -

She has $300 secured orchard since august 2009 and cap one $750 since oct 2009.

Always paid on time and a very low debt to ratio.

Her score is around 700 currently.

I have a cap one for $750 since January 2010 and opened a shell gas card last month for $200.

Again very low debt to ratio and perfect payments - my Equifax score is 645.

I have been employed from Aug 2009 to June 2010, was then unemployed for 3 months beginning my current job back in September.
I make $2000 gross per month, my wife does in home childcare to the tune of $800 a month but of course thats not official income with a pay stub so we cannot include that on any of our paperwork.

With the kind of work history and length of credit history we have is there any chance at all of us being able to get an auto loan?

We have $4000 in savings but would love to hold on to that for as long as possible (putting it toward emergencies etc etc!)

I have my heart set on a 2006 Jetta that has 60k miles and a lifetime warranty on the powertrain, $9999 currently for sale from a capital one authorized blank check dealer.

I very much appreciate honest brutal answers!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.