Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy a new car when your old car is PIF and low milage and great shape

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Buy a new car when your old car is PIF and low milage and great shape

I recently looked a 2013 Taurus SHO and for the first time in my life I had a PIF car with low millage and I was amazed how different I was treated then if I had been upside down or even just a small balance on the car.  FICO score aside I think I was offered a better deal price and credit wise because of that.  Sadly I was deined by DW even though I was offered a great deal and price.  LOL it was easier to work on my credit then DW.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Buy a new car when your old car is PIF and low milage and great shape

Smiley Happy lol...

Message 2 of 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Yeah the DW / DH approval process can be the worst part of the experience. I don't have that problem anymore but in CA anyway after a length of time (10+ years is the long term marriage law I believe) it can be "Cheaper to Keep Her" in the lifetime financial sense.Smiley Very Happy

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

Yeah the DW / DH approval process can be the worst part of the experience. I don't have that problem anymore but in CA anyway after a length of time (10+ years is the long term marriage law I believe) it can be "Cheaper to Keep Her" in the lifetime financial sense.Smiley Very Happy

that's no lie!  my girlfriend got divorced in CA after 10 years - which is legally considered long term - and asked for NOTHING more than what the State alloted her.  Lets just saw I wept when I saw the payout....

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.