Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy car in Europe

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Buy car in Europe

How does one go about financing a car in europe?  Stay would be 1-2 years so I think that leaves European Delivery programs out.

Anyone have any info?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Buy car in Europe

European deliery programs limit the time the car can be used in Europe before it has to be shipped to the USA.  I believe 6 weeks is the longest allowed.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I read 3 months is the longest at least for BMW so looking at other options.  If need be could do a personal loan.

Message 3 of 6
flan
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I read 3 months is the longest at least for BMW so looking at other options.  If need be could do a personal loan.

The limits are not about financing.  They're about safety regulations, emissions controls, etc.  Cars built to US specs do not meet EU requirements.  Cars built to EU requirements do not meet US requirements.  EU countries are happy to have american tourtists come and spend money, but they do not want US spec cars operated on the road for long periods.  Think about as the difference between a tourist visa and a work permit.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's not about financing.  The rest makes sense.  So exploring other options.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got a couple good ideas if it came down to it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.