Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying Car question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Buying Car question

I am still rebuilding.  I probably need to purchase something in the next year.  I have COs that are 5.5 to 6 years old.  

I would like a truck.  I am not loyal to an individual manufacturer.  It's just something I would get a lot out of.  So I was wondering if anyone knew who had more relaxed credit criteria:  Toyota, GM, Nissan or Ford?

Thank you!

My Fico 08 Scores are 620 EQ, 642 TU, 650 EX

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Buying Car question

@Anonymous wrote:

I am still rebuilding.  I probably need to purchase something in the next year.  I have COs that are 5.5 to 6 years old.  

I would like a truck.  I am not loyal to an individual manufacturer.  It's just something I would get a lot out of.  So I was wondering if anyone knew who had more relaxed credit criteria:  Toyota, GM, Nissan or Ford?

Thank you!

My Fico 08 Scores are 620 EQ, 642 TU, 650 EX

I always suggest to join a credit union and see if you can prequalify with them. Dealers mark up interest often times and take advantage of those with challanged credit. Walking in with a prequalified loan from a bank or credit union puts you in the drivers seat on negotiations, if you want you can let them try and beat your finance deal. Also while you are rebuilding your scores will increase fairly quickly if your doing things the right way so don't be afraid to refinance in 6 months or so if you don't get a great APR the first time. Last year I was in a bind and had to do a 12.57% 72 month loan to get in a car, I did some basic rebuilding and paid everything on time for 7 months and refinanced for 4.29% I have now made even more progress so I am toying with refinancing again because I think I can get sub 3%. Point is get prequalified and go from there. Your scores are good enough that you should not have a problem getting pretty good financing with a credit union, try DCU. Best of luck

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Buying Car question

Just noticed you are with NFCU,  they are great, I have my loan with them, I suggest giving them a crack they make it crazy easy and you will get qualified for sure.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.