Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying From Infiniti

tag
roxy72
Valued Member

Buying From Infiniti

Hi Everyone,

I currently drive an 08 G37 coupe which I'd like to trade in for a 2017 but my current loan is through Wells Fargo Dealer Services and I'd like to get financed with whom ever will give me a lower rate.  My current FICO scores are Equifax 684, Trans 700 and Experian 707.  Has anyone purchased through Infiniti?  If so, what was your experience with them?  I was thinking of paying off my Chase Freedom which I owe $2400, just to boost my scores.  I heard Infiniti used FICO auto 4 through Trans Union.  

Seedling till 5/15/19
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Buying From Infiniti

With your scores, you should be able to get a loan through Infiniti Financial Services at the very good rate if you are getting a 2017 vehicle.  What car are you looking at?  I have the Infiniti Q50 Premuim AWD fully loaded and will not impressed with it.

Message 2 of 12
roxy72
Valued Member

I'm looking into the 2017 Q60 Sport or a BMW 435i xDrive Coupe.  

Seedling till 5/15/19
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@roxy72 wrote:

I'm looking into the 2017 Q60 Sport or a BMW 435i xDrive Coupe.  

Nice... Either way, you will be fine with the scores you provided.  Add some pics once you have your shiny new car....

Message 4 of 12
roxy72
Valued Member

Will do and thanks for your input.

Seedling till 5/15/19
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@roxy72 wrote:

Will do and thanks for your input.

You are welcome...

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would check and see if Infiniti has factory sponsored financing incentives right now, if so I am sure you will qualifiy assuming you don't drag a bunch of negative equity into the deal.  Personally I would get prequaulified through a good credit union like DCU, Penfed or NFCU so you know you are covered and have a solid rate for them to beat.  When the dealer is arranging your financing you never know what the actual rate you qualify for is.  They mark up interest frequently, in particular when they have a customer coming in that is used to a higher rate and is looking to get a lower rate but probably doesnt know exactly how low they can get.  For example if you walk in with 72 months at 2.74% from Penfed you know exactly where you stand and so do they.  This takes away their chance to play with the interest.  Most captive lenders limit the dealer mark ups to 2%, imagine paying 2% over the life of the loan that you didn't need to just because those finance guys took 10 minutes of computer time to get the loan for you.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 435i x drive is a great machine

Message 8 of 12
mjb59463
Regular Contributor

I bought my 2013 Infiniti G37x through Infiniti Financial Services not too long ago for a killer deal. 

My scores were in the high 690 range at the time, and I got 2.9% over 48 months.  I was also a part of the College Graduate program, not sure how big of an impact that had. I doubt you'd have any problems with them. 

Scores: 790 TU (Barclay), 780 EX (Fico8), 790 EQ

Chase Freedom Unlimited (6k), CSP (20k), Amex Delta Platinum (13.5k), Amex Marriott Bonvoy (16k), Barclay Apple (12.5k), USBank Flexperks Travel Rewards (12k), Wells Fargo Visa Signature (10k), Citi Double Cash (8k), Amex Gold, Amex Platinum, Amex BBP (15k) Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (15k)
Message 9 of 12
ptch7116

Commenting for benefit of others in the future...

I was surprised to obtain "Tier 1" status and 1.9% from Infiniti Financial Services earlier this week - 3.5 years out of BK7.  They used Equifax auto-enhanced FICO 8, which was 702 when they pulled.  I'm told that the low DTI ratio was also a factor.

Filed BK7: 12/2013 - Discharge 03/2014
Starting scores 12/2013: EQ 655 / TU 648 / EX 656 (no late payments)
FICOs (6-2017): 682 EQ FICO | 665 TU FICO 06/2017 | 679 EX FICO 06/2017
CC Utilization: 9%
Established since BK:
$6.5k Cap1 Quicksilver | $5k Cap1 Plat | $2k Barclays (Apple) | $290K FHA Mortgage (7-2016) | $80k Infiniti FS 1.9% (auto 6-2017)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.