cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a car with Navy FCU pre approval...

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Buying a car with Navy FCU pre approval...

@Creditaddict wrote:
Depending how strong you stand on wanting 0 and how much the dealership wants to get you they can make it happen or kick back couple 0percentages probably.
Only advantage of having say toyota vs navy is you pretty much guarantee yourself approval in the future for another loan with them despite credit.
Like my partners Infiniti lease just ended, he was pre approved up to $460 or something WITHOUT a credit pull towards a new lease (his current lease was $380)
But if your finances have only improved and not tanked, that had no value for most!

ok...Thats really good info as well CA...Thank you!! Im looking at getting a small single family home in 2-3 yrs, so should I do the home first (was planning on trying with Navy), or try the car loan first.  Home first then car?  But If I could get in with Toyota, Id like that for the financing.  I just hope they dont try and pull my credit again for a CC that I wouldnt qualify for anyway, LOL...Ive heard of companies doing that..  Id like to have my Home laon with Navy, (coulnt get anyone else probaly), and my car loan with Toyota for some different lenders on my reports..

Message 11 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Buying a car with Navy FCU pre approval...

Well if you already have a car payment and you replace it with a new car payment then you only have to worry about monthly payment dti for mortgage.
So most likely as long as you don't but the car within 3-6 months of the house I would see no issue with it.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.