Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CARMAX ?

tag
bsal
Frequent Contributor

CARMAX ?

My experian auto score as so excellent 775 and 808 but I would like to know for sure if carmax do in fact pulls experian auto score. Some say they do but I called carmax and the sales rep acts like he doesn't know. I really don't want to waste a HP so if someone anyone who has purchased a car from carmax and knows for sure if they do infact pull experian auto scores please let me know I really don't want to miss out on the perfect car I found
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: CARMAX ?

@bsal wrote:
My experian auto score as so excellent 775 and 808 but I would like to know for sure if carmax do in fact pulls experian auto score. Some say they do but I called carmax and the sales rep acts like he doesn't know. I really don't want to waste a HP so if someone anyone who has purchased a car from carmax and knows for sure if they do infact pull experian auto scores please let me know I really don't want to miss out on the perfect car I found

Can't say I've purchased a car from CarMax, although I've come close. That said, with your scores why would you even consider geting financed through CarMax without looking at preapprovals through Credit Unions or Banks? You should qualify for the lowest rates if your FICO scores are 775 to 808 which would mean 1.49 to 1.99% prequalified through a credit union. If I was in your shoes I wouldn't let Carmax pull my scores at all, they are NOT going to beat direct bank/CU lending.  

Message 2 of 29
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Yes I understand that but those scored are my experian auto scores with the credit unions I don't think they use auto fico scores they use the common mortgage lenders score and mine are not as high as my fico auto scores
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carmax will most likely pull Experian AND Transunion AND Equifax. MULTIPLE times, like 10-12 overall.

See how they work is they shotgun your application to MULTIPLE lenders. And each lender pulls whatever bureau they want, sometimes more than one bureau.

Do NOT use them for financing with your scores. Go through DCU or PenFed or any other CU. you won't get the best rates going through them.

Any reason why you want a particular score pulled - there's no guarantee any lender will pull that exact one only???
Message 4 of 29
bsal
Frequent Contributor

None of that happend I was picked up by carMax financing so they didn't shop me around unfortunately I don't think they used my experian auto score cause I go a 5.2% 66 months
Message 5 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

How long have you had the car? You need to go back and use your own financing. There is no reason to go through carmax..you've been ripped off! Your scores are too good for that rate.
Message 6 of 29
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Dude what don't you guys understand ?those are my auto scores from experian I don't think they pulled those scores I'm waiting to get my paper work to see what actual scores were pulled
Message 7 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

O Re: CARMAX ?

What are your scores dude? You're not giving enough info for us to help you. Don't ask for help if you don't plan to atleast listen. Your Fico 8/scores can be pulled for a dollar. It's worth it to know where you stand before car shopping.

Message 8 of 29
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Well witch scores do you want
Message 9 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Fico 8 scores is what some lenders use. It will vary from place to place. 

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.