cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE using their own internal scoring model...

tag
sarahlee7
New Contributor

CHASE using their own internal scoring model...

So , my friend went car shopping and the dealer ran her through CHASE.

The denial letter showed a TU score of 690....myfico TU 08 is 643, and TU auto score is like 630.  That's a huuge discrepancy.

Denied for insufficient income, derogs, INQ's.

That is all.  Carry on.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE using their own internal scoring model...

@sarahlee7 wrote:

The denial letter showed a TU score of 690....myfico TU 08 is 643, and TU auto score is like 630.  That's a huuge discrepancy.

That is all.  Carry on.

Chase always uses their internal score for everything.. Thus Credit cards, Loans, Autos etc...  Sorry to hear your friend got denied.

Message 2 of 5
sarahlee7
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarahlee7 wrote:

That is all.  Carry on.

Chase always uses their internal score for everything.. Thus Credit cards, Loans, Autos etc...  Sorry to hear your friend got denied.

Yeah, I know.  Just never would have thouught it would have been so far apart from myfico TU.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarahlee7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarahlee7 wrote:

That is all.  Carry on.

Yeah, I know.  Just never would have thouught it would have been so far apart from myfico TU.

Ohh.. I thought it was your friend you were talking about based on the initial post.  Regardless, no one knows how chase arrives at their numbers...

Message 4 of 5
sarahlee7
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarahlee7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarahlee7 wrote:

That is all.  Carry on.

Ohh.. I thought it was your friend you were talking about based on the initial post.  Regardless, no one knows how chase arrives at their numbers...

??? It is my friend i'm talking about.  I was just making a data point of sorts.....a pretty good one at that.  Kinda amazing that a bank comes up with scores 50-70 pts higher than actual true FICO scores. Something must be amiss with credit scoring in general. 

Not only do alot of people not like 'THE FICO' scoring, but Chase seems to think it's worthless as well.

Hell, I might use Chase for an auto loan when I buy a new sled.  Their score may put me in the 800 range.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.