Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRAZY situation need help private party loan

tag
ssj4goku
New Visitor

CRAZY situation need help private party loan

So I am approved thru BOA for 2.99 for 25k. If I go through a dealer I get the 2.99 rate but if I buy private the rate is 6.99 Smiley Sad CRAZY. The private party vehicle is the best price I can find and has everything we want and CPO transferable warrenty. No accidents clean autocheck. It was also inspected and is clean. I really want the private party vehicle. What are my options?

1. Buy at higher rate and refinance?

2. Look for another loan? I was for some reason denied by Chase and wells fargo my checking acct bank and morgage company never been late on anything with them credit score is

EX 733, EQ 670, TU 720

I have had 4 previous auto loans never late. 

Help

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: CRAZY situation need help private party loan

Check with your local credit union 

Message 2 of 5
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Chase no longer does private party auto loans. Not sure about WF.

Message 3 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Actually private party auto loans are difficult to find. You can see what else is out there, but I would take the higher rate and either refi down the road or acclerate the payments to pay it off early. Isn't the point to get the best deal you can get on the car you actually want? JMHO.

Message 4 of 5
Janders000
Established Member

Not sure where you're located, but I did a Private Party loan last year through PNC Bank.  The rate was 3.99, with a 0.25 discount if I opened a checking account for auto-debit of monthly payments.  My score was right around 700 on EX at the time.  Easy closing at a nearby branch, not sure how they would handle if you don't live near one.  Also check out US Bank, I think they do private party.

Starting Score: 593 after SS in 2010 || CurrentScore: myFICO (10/29/13) - EX: 723 | EQ: 707 | TU: ??? || Goal Score: 760+

Amex PRG (NPSL) | Discover - AU ($16.9K) | BofA Platinum Plus ($7.8K) | Chase Freedom Visa Sig - AU ($7.5k) |
FNBO Amex ($6K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($5K) | USAA Platinum MC ($4K) | GECRB Amazon ($3.4K) |
DSNB Macys ($2.5K) | CapOne Cash Rewards MC - AU ($2K) | Amex Delta Gold ($1K)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.