Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling vs Going Online For An Auto Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling vs Going Online For An Auto Loan

Is it a better idea to go through the process on the phone with an actual person or doing everything online? I was thinking that actually speaking to someone over the phone to secure the loan would be best while maybe just checking to see if I'm pre-approved online first. Any thoughts? Does anyone have experience with this?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calling vs Going Online For An Auto Loan

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it a better idea to go through the process on the phone with an actual person or doing everything online? I was thinking that actually speaking to someone over the phone to secure the loan would be best while maybe just checking to see if I'm pre-approved online first. Any thoughts? Does anyone have experience with this?

No need to call.  You'll have many more options online and it will speed up the process as opposed to dealing with someone online.

Message 2 of 4
Appleman
Valued Contributor

As with most things in life it depends.

Do you have an unblemished credit profile and everything looks great, app online.

Do you have questions? Is there something you would be able to explain in your credit past?

For example, I would call PenFed to discuss a loan with them. They are likely to give you an answer while on the phone and if anything raises a flag you can address it immediately.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Appleman wrote:

As with most things in life it depends.

Do you have an unblemished credit profile and everything looks great, app online.

Do you have questions? Is there something you would be able to explain in your credit past?

For example, I would call PenFed to discuss a loan with them. They are likely to give you an answer while on the phone and if anything raises a flag you can address it immediately.

I've financed one and refinanced another with PenFed.  Both online and both instant approvals.  No need to call and much quicker.  Even for those with issues I would still apply online and only call if there's a holdup.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.