Regular Contributor

Can I even qualify for an auto loan?

I am going to buy a new car within the next few months and I was wondering if I can even qualify for an auto loan? Also if I should go through the dealership or if I should go through someone else. 

I have $9000 to put down want to buy something around 20k. I have 15 INQ's though from the middle of last year Smiley Sad 

BofA Cash Rewards $1k / Barclay Arrival $1.5k / Discover IT $500/ Cap 1 QS $1.3k/ Cap 1 QS $1.3k/ Amazon $900/ Credit One $950 / Shell $500 / Fingerhut $3.4k / Walmart $800/ Paypal Connect $700/ Nordstrom $700/ J.crew $4,850/ Express $1,650 *Auto loan J.P. Morgan Chase $21k*
In the garden 04/19/15
Experian: 620 Equifax: 632 TU: 637

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Can I even qualify for an auto loan?

If you have 9K to put down on a 20K car -- somebody will take you.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Re: Can I even qualify for an auto loan?

[ Edited ]

Im sure with that kind of downpayment you will be approved, however it is CRUCIAL to get approved before you arrive at the dealership.  There are many reasons to get approved first.  If the dealers lets you take tha car and sign a contract, they could chasrge you per day and per mile if they cannot get the loan approved..  MODCUT

Edited to remove link/advertisement

Shogun, myFICO moderator

Whacking solicitation message as well. --Rev

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.