cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a car loan of $35,170 after bankruptcy?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I get a car loan of $35,170 after bankruptcy?

@TRC_WA wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Tormented?  We were just trying to save him from making the same mistake twice and being in two BK's...  He asked for advise and chose not to listen.  His choice, hopefully it is working out for him well though.  Cars are the worse investment you can make with your money.  Ask me how I know.. Everytime I drive off the lot I am upside down pretty much instantly 10k on any car I buy.  I could be putting that away towards my retirement!  Anyways, old thread.

I don't disagree with you at all.

I didn't buy this car as an investment though... I bought it because I'm 40, single and it's the car of my dreams. That's also the reason I bought it new.  It's my first ever new car because new cars are a bad investment...  but since I am keeping it till death do us part (either mine or the car's) I didn't much care about losing money driving it off the lot.

I need to have at least a LITTLE fun with my money ya know? 

But yeah, old thread.  

Ya I agree I am single and very close to your age 41...  I make great money overall and yes if you don't have other responabilities by all means enjoy life a bit as you only live once!  I splurge alot and buy in my case watches that cost 5k-7k each and various other things as what is the point of working all your life if you can't enjoy life..  Just realizing now that I will be retiring hopefully way before I need to, shooting for 55-60ish..  So putting more and more money away for that vs. toys...  It sucks, but when I retire earlier it will be all worth it! 

Message 61 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I get a car loan of $35,170 after bankruptcy?

Thanks CreditCuriosity.....I feel you on the students loans, I'm gearing myself up to paying them post BK and sending in payments beforehand becausseI know its my next debt to tackle.  I do appreciate your comments regarding the new car vs. used, I will definitely take that into consideration this fall when I begin my shopping around.  

Thank you again...

Message 62 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.