Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a car loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get a car loan

Just a little additional info.  Recovering from a divorce. Negative trade lines are all medical collections which I have been cleaning up.  Transunion is the most accurate right now.  1 CC with usage over 35% all other are 0.  No late payments current car loan.  Thinking I might need to wait a bit to get a good rate.  I just don't want to kick up inquiries on my credit for no reason. 

Credit Score: TU=701 EQ=678 EX=679
AAoA: 6 years
# of positive trade lines: TU=27 EQ=28 EX=27
# of negative trade lines: TU=1 EQ=9 EX=10
Income: 119,000
Lenght of Employment: Current employer: 18 years
Previous Loan Experience: Current car loan approx 5,000 remaining of Honda Oddesy 2007 
Debt-to-Income (DTI): 27%
Year of Car: 2015
Miles: 35000
Purchase/Refinance: Purchase
Requested loan term (XX Months): 72 months
Down payment amount: 2,000
Co-borrower/Co-Signer: No
Other: Looking for a 25,000 to 30,000 loan

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I get a car loan

Negative trade lines are 3 on EQ and EX.  No late payments.  Like I said.  I've been cleaning these up and getting them removed. 

Message 2 of 4
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Welcome to myFICO,

I would recommend that you look at the CapitalOne Auto Navigator. They will provide you a pre-approval for a SP (soft pull) of your credit. This may give you an indication about your scores. I do not work for myFICO but you may want to get a 3B report that will show you all of the FICO score versions.

An option may be to join PENFED credit union. They do one pull of your EQ credit report and are recently using FICO 09 (which may be more favorable for those with medical collections). With the one pull you can become a member, apply for auto financing and even a credit card if you qualify. Most banks/credit unions would do a pull for every product.

That is my advice, best of luck and please let us know how it works out. People do gain a lot from others experiences here, positive or not so positive.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info.  I've been to Capitol one and did the soft pull thing.  I hated the rates they gave me. Double digit interest rates.  I've been reading on here about PENFED. I'll do some more research on them. Thanks again. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.