Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a new car loan???

tag
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can I get a new car loan???

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, I did and I was pre approved for "up to $35000". I am just nervous to go to a dealer and the preapproval doesn't work.

If they're on the list of dealers then it will work.  

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! I will definitely go to a dealer in the list and get myself a new car!!
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the autonavoogator and figure out your payments and interest. Do a few cars, save the info and print them out. When I went the dealer tried to tell me the lowest I could get was 3.02% finanacing with the first car I was looking at, but I had 2.04% on autonavigator . They even had an official looking print out. I told them the info was incorrect and held firm. The car I ended up getting came in at 1.99%. Yje dealer ran EX for Cap 1. My score was 605 so don't let them tell you your credit isn't good enough. If Cap 1 has approved you, you're in. If more info is needed Cap 1 will contact you directly.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also if you could get your dti to under 10% you should see a little bit of a score bump, and probably be able to qualify for dcu's or penfed's top rate.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FICO score has gone up to 668 do hopefully that will help me to get financed. I will be car shopping this weekend.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.