cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I increase the loan amount if it's pending?

tag
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

Can I increase the loan amount if it's pending?

Now that we are waiting to here back on the conditional approval pending pay stubs, I realized I may have asked for just slightly too little for what we may need. We request 32,000 and in reality I think ( to cover tags and etc ) we may need 35,000. Does asking for a bit more potentially hurt our chances for approval or how does it work if it's approved and we ask about slightly more?

Also, if this is approved, how does one haggle the sticker price of a new vehicle? I'm trying to research heavily on it and I'm not sure what one should request discount wise for a vehicle that is selling for 31,000.

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I increase the loan amount if it's pending?

I wouldn't be spending $35k on a car if I wasn't putting AT LEAST taxes, title. license down.  

Message 2 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

I don't know who you applied through, but I recently applied with PenFed and asked for a loan amount of $30K with $5K down.  I called them back to see if they could up the loan amount to $35K.  They said they would check and that it might come back as an instant approval or they might need additional information.  It ended up coming back instantly approved. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Project17
New Contributor

It's not uncommon to ask for a little extra and another $3k shouldn't be a problem if the income supports it.

I know in the other thread you said your buying a 2014 Chevy impala and that is the redesigned model for 2014 and has some great reviews and is in demand so with that type of set up your likely to be paying MSRP. I know in my area only a had full of dealerships have a few of them and they are selling at sticker price.
Message 4 of 5
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

That's what I thought, Project17. Looks like we'll just have to pay the stick price and work around it.

And as far as titles and so forth goes, our bank covers 100% titles and tax as per their advertisement. I'd like to take advantage of that since they've been great with us so far.

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.