cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I legally get a company to report again??

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Can I legally get a company to report again??

Hey everyone! 

Heres the situation. I purchased a car in July 2012, brand new put $10k Down. my credit was bad low 400's-500's, and Santander Consumer USA was the only one who would accept it. I've had perfect payments since. In may 2013, I filed for BK7, discharged August 2013, and I didn't "reaffirm" the car per my attorney. My attorney told the US trustee and the judge that I will retain the car and keep making payments as normal, and the judge approved it. I was not upside down on the loan either at the time of filing, and was never late. Had excellent history with them. Well, after discharge, Santander removed my good trade line off all 3 CRA because I didn't reaffirm with them. I was so pissed!!!!! I called and they said they didn't have to report cause I didn't reaffirm!! What a bunch of ****ing BS!!! 

Anyway.... Is there anything I can do? can I write the BBB and the FTC and explain my situation?? The thing is I'm trying to get a refi and I don't have any car loan history on my reports at aIl, so I'm sure my "auto enhanced" score is low!! Smiley Sad.  

What can I do? Do I have any rights here at all or am I done? 

Thanks for any help or advice!Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Can I legally get a company to report again??

No, you can't force them to report your payments to the CRA's.

Just so you feel better, they most likely would not have reported your payments anyway even if you did reaffirm. It is hit or miss with the various lenders and if I were a betting person I would almost guarantee Santander would fall into the "we are not going to report payments unless they are late payments" catagory.

You have two optons: 1) keep making your payments and just use cc's to rebuild your credit or 2) either sell or trade your current vehicle for another one. If you do option 2, you would be best off to go to a CU for the loan and bring all of your proof of payments for your vehicle so you can show each payment was made on time. Because you have so much invested in this vehicle, if it were me, I would sell it privately rather than trade. JMO.

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What is the car?
What do you still owe on it?

Payment?

Message 3 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Credit addict.....

2012 Toyota Rav4
Roughly $9800
$275/mth

It's with Santander at 22% interest, have had the loan since July 2012, perfect payments/never behind/ not upside down on loan.

I'm desperately trying to refi. You know I'm wanting nfcu to do it, and they denied the loan in October.
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Credit addict.....

2012 Toyota Rav4
Roughly $9800
$275/mth

It's with Santander at 22% interest, have had the loan since July 2012, perfect payments/never behind/ not upside down on loan.

I'm desperately trying to refi. You know I'm wanting nfcu to do it, and they denied the loan in October.

I would submit that with Navy again... $9800 over 24 months.... you are asking for just 24 months right??? they flat out denied it?

Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
Credit addict.....

2012 Toyota Rav4
Roughly $9800
$275/mth

I would submit that with Navy again... $9800 over 24 months.... you are asking for just 24 months right??? they flat out denied it?

maybe 36 sorry... but NO LONGER

Message 6 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

When I applied, I asked for 48, cause the rep on the phone said I could because it only had 14k miles on it. So you're saying I should ask for only 36 months? You don't think I should wait until April? I would have been with navy for 6 mon. Also got denied nav check with a 663 EQ/1% util reporting . Wonder if navy has a 90 day policy or something before applying for a loan ???

I don't know Smiley Sad my 90 days with them will be jan 12th.
Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
When I applied, I asked for 48, cause the rep on the phone said I could because it only had 14k miles on it. So you're saying I should ask for only 36 months? You don't think I should wait until April? I would have been with navy for 6 mon. Also got denied nav check with a 663 EQ/1% util reporting . Wonder if navy has a 90 day policy or something before applying for a loan ???

I don't know Smiley Sad my 90 days with them will be jan 12th.

since your ONLY goal is to refi and navy doesn't give a hoot about INQ's I would say wait until Jan. 12th for your 90 days and APPLY.

I don't know regarding months because on 1 hand I would like to see a shorter term as being paid off sooner and on the other hand a shorter term = higher payment which may be to much for debt to income but since you pay $300 now, going 36 months should be about the same payment.... IF you really could stretch another $100 out could you imagine how awesome to have a free and clear car in just 24 more months!!!

time to kick me for the 2nd time today, I had my honda accord on a 24 month loan with Navy and I sold it to carmax and leased my infiniti which I have already turned in and lost so should have kept the honda!!! :/

live and learn!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.