cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You RE-app on Cap One Auto Navigator (before 30 days)?

tag
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

Can You RE-app on Cap One Auto Navigator (before 30 days)?

Hello, All..

I am curious what rate & amount I qualify for on Cap One's Auto Navigator with my current scores, but being that my scores will be rising soon, I wonder if I could prequal today, and then try again in a week or so?

I want to avoid generating a letter that is the only one usable for the next 30 days.  I am only (very!) curious, so I can wait if needed..

Anyone know if I can pull prequalification terms multiple times, then print my letter when it looks good?

Hope this made sense!

PeL

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can You RE-app on Cap One Auto Navigator (before 30 days)?

I actually did it via phone.  I waited till the 15 day mark, just wanted to let all my payments on my cards catch up to my credit score, but I was still appoved for the same amount.  They kinda go off of your income more than anything.  They are sticklers on keeping you at a certain percentage that you would be able to pay back every month.  Also they only approved me for $28,000 at 100% LTV, so I would have had to put some cash down to cover tags and tax even if the car came in under that.  The reps on the phones know their work arounds if there are any, and they will be straight up with you if you can get more.  If you have other income, that is a big help as well.  

Also always tell them your Pre-taxed income, not what you take home every check, that makes a big difference as well.  After I called them and added like $3000 more income from a W-2 from some odd work i did last year, with my regualr job's w-2 from last year, they upped it to the $28,000, before it was only like $24,000.  Don't know why the jump, but just call them and ask.

:0)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.