Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a HP be removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can a HP be removed?

I emailed a Nissan dealer and asked them who they and Nissan HP'd.

They told me just TU.

I bought- and now when I look at my CR it show the dealer HP'ing TU and EX

It also shows Nissan HP'ing TU.

Can I get the dealer to remove the EX pull?

I have it in an email that they would only pull TU at the dealer as well as at Nissan.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Can a HP be removed?

Probably a misunderstanding when they answered. At almost all dealerships, the dealer will pull and then the captive lender pulls after. The fact they pulled 2 reports stinks, but not a reason t have a hard pull remove.

Getting inquiries removed is extremely difficult, and considering this pull was legitimate, I would just move on.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a chevy dealer pull me 3 hard inq and i m just as mad about it.

The dealership doesn't really do any financing, however, they get your permission to let their captive lender and banks/cu/sub-prime to access your report.

Now, if you only authorized one CRA and you find it on more than one CRA, you can write them a letter and let it be known that you have been very unhappy about seeing an inquiry that you did not authorize and it will be reflecting on the follow up survey upon the purchase of the car.

You will be surprised how quickly that inquiry goes away. Its been tested by me and it works. You must be pretty sure you told them to use one and only one CRA.

Message 3 of 9
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Most people don't specifically grant access to only one credit bureau. Typically, you are granting blanket authority for them to obtain financing options.

Most dealerships that know you can't qualify for a captive lender will shotgun it out to as many lenders as they can to find the best rate. You could end up with 10+ inquiries sometimes. Luckily, they are scored as one, but can hurt on an automatic approval from some lenders going forward.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

most of the time no

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I call them up and say "You told me in this email that you and Nissan would only pull from TU, but you also pulled EX causing me to incur another inquiry, dropping my score which could cost me more money for credit in the future...."

The email was very specific that I was looking for what they and Nissan pulled..... and I have en email from a manager saying that it was only TU.

Just doesnt feel right.

In the future can you stipulate on the credit app that you are signing that they will only pull from certain places?

Why does the dealer need to pull at all if I only want NMAC to lease me the car?

"Oh the pain!!!, and the agony of disillusionment.. when mixed with tonic water it tastes a lot like cheap vodka after chewing on steel wool"

Message 6 of 9
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I call them up and say "You told me in this email that you and Nissan would only pull from TU, but you also pulled EX causing me to incur another inquiry, dropping my score which could cost me more money for credit in the future...."

The email was very specific that I was looking for what they and Nissan pulled..... and I have en email from a manager saying that it was only TU.

Just doesnt feel right.

In the future can you stipulate on the credit app that you are signing that they will only pull from certain places?

Why does the dealer need to pull at all if I only want NMAC to lease me the car?

"Oh the pain!!!, and the agony of disillusionment.. when mixed with tonic water it tastes a lot like cheap vodka after chewing on steel wool"

1. In the future can you stipulate on the credit app that you are signing that they will only pull from certain places? No, its up to each lender who they use whether its one report or all three.

2. Why does the dealer need to pull at all if I only want NMAC to lease me the car? The dealer isn't the one pulling your credit. Its NMAC pulling your credit. And they need to do all three to 'get a better financial picture' of who they are lending to. Imagine if you had a judgement on one report but not the other two. They would want to know about something like that.

Bottom line: yeah misinformation is never right. And information is only as good as its source. Your question would have been better directed to an underwriter at NMAC. Although I wouldn't know if you could get to one by phone or email. The way I see it is that there is not much you can do. Even with that email I'm sure NMAC would respond, finance manager gave misinformation. They are two separate entities, so its not up to the finance guy to make the correction. I'd say, let it go and next time take your business to a more knowledgeable finance guy (if they exist).

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice- I will take and learn from it.

Thank you

Message 8 of 9
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Glad to help

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.