Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone do this???

tag
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

Can someone do this???

Can you buy 2 cars at the same time? I have 2 cars, one through nissan bought 05-18-2010 and one through Capital One bought 08-01-2008. I want to trade both in. I can do the nissan with nissan at 0% on new 2011 titan pro 4x. I need truck for work and dog shows i travel too. And capital one car i owe 10k more than the value(2008 cobalt ls). ouch i knowSmiley Happy.. i want to know if its possible to do both same day but different dealerships. dumb question but important one

Credit conscience!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Can someone do this???

You want to trade in a car you purchased less than a year ago?

You won't be able to trade in the cobalt if you owe $10,000 more than it's worth. I am not even sure how you get that upside down in a car that quickly unless you put it over 72 months at some crazy interest rate.

It sounds like you need to step back, get your debt under control and once things are in order, then consider trading in for a "new" car.

Yes, you could theoretically purchase 2 cars at the same time, as long as you disclose to both companies that you are purchasing another car so that it can be factored into the DTI - although I think a lot of lenders would balk at the idea. No lender is going to touch a car that you are $10,000 negative on.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@michaels88369 wrote:

Can you buy 2 cars at the same time? I have 2 cars, one through nissan bought 05-18-2010 and one through Capital One bought 08-01-2008. I want to trade both in. I can do the nissan with nissan at 0% on new 2011 titan pro 4x. I need truck for work and dog shows i travel too. And capital one car i owe 10k more than the value(2008 cobalt ls). ouch i knowSmiley Happy.. i want to know if its possible to do both same day but different dealerships. dumb question but important one

Can someone do this? Yes.

Can you? I doubt it. 

I could see you doing this at one dealership, that way all the financing could be done grouped and structured together.

I do not understand the need for doing both in one day though.

the 10K negative, unless you are going into a vehicle you can roll it into or have the cash to make up the difference I do not see you getting out of.

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think if you have great relationship with Nissan already... your best bet is to buy 2 new Nissans, especially if you can get the promo financing on both cars... I would plan on bringing at least 5k to the table if not the full 10 your upside down but in my experience Nissan is not afraid to tack on quite a bit of negative equity... doesn't mean it's a good idea to do that but if you had to and it's at .9% financing not that big a deal but do not go more than 60 months on these new loans.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.